1. Entries must be pictures of winter sports that have been published between October 1, 2009 when the first WMS was held and September 30, 2021. Pictures published on user-generated content media platforms (such as Internet forums, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Weibo, WeChat, etc.) are not eligible.
2. Entrants are not required to pay any fees.
3. Participation in the Awards is not compulsory.
4. The entrants agree and acknowledge that the Organizing Committee has the right to obtain their registration information. Such information will only be used for the purpose of the judging of the Awards. The information will not be provided to any third party without the entrants’ written consent or authorization.
5. Entrants must register an account on the official website of the Awards, and fill in personal data to submit their entries. When submitting entries, entrants must provide the date of publication and the name of the media in which the entry was published, along with a link to the publication, a screenshot, or a copy of the page of the publication in which the entry was published, or any other proof of publication. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to check the above files. The entrants must ensure that the information provided is true and valid.
6. Entries must be the works of the entrants themselves.
7. The working language of the Awards is English. Entrants must submit their personal data and entries in English. Entrants are responsible for the accuracy of their English captions and other information.
8. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to request the original photos from the entrants.
9. The entries must meet the following basic rules, otherwise the Organizing Committee has the right to withdraw the entries or disqualify the entrants.
10. The Organizing Committee is responsible for reviewing the applications, i.e. verifying whether the entrants and the entries comply with relevant rules. Those that do not comply with the rules will be disqualified. If the winning entries are found and confirmed to be in violation of the rules of the Awards, the Organizing Committee has the right to revoke the prizes and honors already awarded and request the winners to return the prizes they have obtained.
11. In order to prevent any fraudulent acts, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to request the entrants to provide proof of identity, proof of photo copyright and any necessary consents or authorization. Upon receipt of the Organizing Committee's request, the entrants must provide the required documents within 15 days.
12. If the authenticity or legitimacy of an entry has been questioned, the entrant, when submitting the entry, must indicate the content in question and his or her response to it.
13. The entrants shall ensure that no third party to their knowledge objects to the reproduction and distribution of the entries. The entrants shall be solely responsible for any legal matters that may arise in connection with the entries if any third party claims rights to or is dissatisfied with the entries.
14. For the purpose of promoting the Awards, entrants who submit their entries are deemed to have granted the Organizing Committee the right to use their entries free of charge on a non-exclusive basis during the judging process and for a period of 36 months from the date of the announcement of the results. The Organizing Committee shall be entitled to exercise the rights stipulated in Article 10 Paragraph 1 Item 5 to 17 of the Copyright Law of the People's Republic of China, and shall be entitled to license the use by media organizations worldwide for the purpose of news reporting, including but not limited to the following specific uses:
15. The Organizing Committee has the right to use the name and portrait of the entrants in the advertising and promotional activities related to the Awards without payment of fees.
16. Once an entrant enters the Awards, he/she is deemed to have agreed to all relevant rules. Without the written consent of the Organizing Committee, all works that have entered the judging process cannot be withdrawn for any reason.
17. The Organizing Committee shall indicate the author of the entry when using it, but the Organizing Committee shall not be responsible for any incomplete personal information of the entrant and any failure to obtain the corresponding information of the author within a reasonable period and after due efforts.
18. Entrants shall bear the risks related to the process of submitting personal information and entries to the Organizing Committee. The Organizing Committee shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, defects, delays, or tampering of personal information caused by equipment failure, network connection failure, data transmission failure, viruses, and illegal intrusion, as well as for the failure of the entries to be displayed or to function properly, or for their illegal use or tampering.
19. The Organizing Committee is not responsible for any failure of the entrants to receive the list of winners of the Awards for causes unrelated to the Organizing Committee. The Organizing Committee shall not be held responsible for the failure of the entrants to receive the information about the winners in time for causes unrelated to the Organizing Committee; failure of the entrants to fulfill his or her obligations under the Awards in time; failure of the entrants to collect or refusal to collect the prizes of the Awards within the specified period of time; as well as any form of trauma suffered by the entrants as a result of their participation in the Awards.
20. In any case, the Organizing Committee and other relevant parties and personnel shall not be liable for any losses (including direct and indirect losses) suffered by the entrants as a result of their participation via the Internet.
21. The Organizing Committee shall not be responsible for any illegal use or distribution of the entries by any third party.
22. The Organizing Committee shall not be responsible for any expenses that may be incurred by the entrants in participating in the Awards.
23. The entrants are responsible for any economic or reputational damage caused to the Organizing Committee and other relevant parties due to violation of the rules and regulations of the Awards.
24. Entries will not be returned. The Organizing Committee will keep all the works after the Awards in accordance with the regulations and reserves the right to handle the works.
25. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to change, extend, shorten, suspend, or cancel the Awards without providing compensation for the entrants.
26. The Organizing Committee has the right to amend the rules of the Awards.
27. Disputes, lawsuits, or claims (including any non-contractual disputes or claims) relating to this Awards and all the related rules shall be governed by the laws of China. If the above lawsuits, disputes or claims cannot be resolved through negotiation, the Organizing Committee or the entrants have the right to file lawsuits with a court in the jurisdiction where the organizing committee is located.